We recently took advantage of our Premier Google Partner status and hosted a Google Partners Connect event in our office. To join multiple forces, we combined the event with our monthly Triangle AMA Special Interest Group and were blown away with the results.
Over 40 guests joined us at our office for networking, lunch, swag, and a Google presentation on the importance of mobile marketing, an extremely relevant and important topic in our industry. Thank you to all the guests who took time out of their day to attend.
The main theme of the presentation revolved around removing friction from a user’s experience with your mobile website. Tim Reis spoke to the importance of micro-moments and ensuring that we, as businesses, are capitalizing on the immediacy associated with mobile technology. David Chung urged us to focus on speed and design when removing friction from a user’s mobile experience.
Key takeaways when creating a frictionless mobile experience:
- Be there
- Be useful
- Be quick
If you are curious to test how your website performs, check out:
- PageSpeed Insights – shows causes of slow site speed
- WebPageTest – allows you to see how many seconds it takes your page to load and compare yourself, side by side, to competitors
- ThinkWithGoogle.com – where Google shares insights, trends, and research in digital marketing
- TestMySite.ThinkWithGoogle.com – test your website’s mobile optimization ratings
- Google Analytics – (of course) shows user behavior, traffic sources, and beyond
To experience FOMO, keep scrolling to see pictures from the event.
Our office patiently awaiting for guests to arrive.
Happy guests mingling and talking about important stuff.
Jake, our CEO, getting everyone fired up.
Guests listening intently to the smart folks at Google.
If this peaked your interest, we host monthly Triangle AMA events at our office and hope to see you at our next one.
Photography by our multi-talented Graphic Designer, Jordan Sears.