Events and conferences tend to be a mixed bag for a lot of us. While some events can be a fantastic opportunity to meet like-minded professionals – or even better, prospective customers – others will leave you kicking yourself for having wasted time that’s always in short supply.
To try to make life a little bit easier for my peers in the southeastern United States, here are a few events I’ve circled on my calendar for April 2010. If you plan to make it out to any of them let me know – I’d love to say hi 😉
Lean Startup Circle Raleigh, NC (March 30, 2010)
– OK, not quite April but close enough. Lean Startup Circle is a gathering of entrepreneurs that takes the deep know-how of lean manufacturing, the scientific focus of Customer Development, and the pragmatic “get it done” practices of agile development, and puts it all together into a powerful combination.
Media Leaders Raleigh, NC (April 6, 2010)
– No keynote speaker or panel of experts, just socializing and mixing with key advertising, marketing, media and technology influencers that are changing the way the industry operates.
Triangle Gaming Conference Raleigh, NC (April 7 & 8, 2010)
– The leading East Coast event for developers and professionals working in the interactive entertainment and serious game industries.
Triangle Startup Factory Durham, NC (April 7, 2010)
– A professional networking event for software entrepreneurs. The event is hosted by the Triangle Startup Factory business incubator that is run by non-other than Chris Heivly (Co-Founder, Mapquest.com).
Original Projects Durham, NC (April 9 & 10, 2010)
– Original Projects allows innovators to connect, collaborate and showcase their original creations. This event is designed to showcase the projects and get people together for power networking.
Innovate Carolina Chapel Hill, NC (April 10, 2010)
– Hosted by the Carolinas Chapter of the Product Development and Management Association (PDMA), Innovate Carolina brings together innovation professions to network, learn and discover. Speakers include Marshall Brain (Founder, How Stuff Works), Dave Burke (COO, Primo Water) and Al Delia (NC Innovation Council). Even better, Method Savvy
is a sponsor and if you use the promo code SavvyVIP you’ll get a 15% on registration.
Lone Rider/Click Optimize Tweet Up Raleigh, NC (April 13, 2010)
– Lone Rider Brewing Co and Click Optimize are hosting an event that brings together the best in beer, BBQ and networking. How can you not go?
… am I missing anything good? If so, let me know and I’ll add it to the calendar. Happy networking!